PHILIPPINE VIOLET BARLERIA CRISTATA

 

PHILIPPINE VIOLET 

BARLERIA CRISTATA

Location of photos:-

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UZySprcRkXyXShcv7






















A year ago I saw this particular scrub growing wild while out walking to which I thought was so beautiful.  I snapped a very small piece with the flower and brought it home and placed it in a flower pot with my yard soil and a little Miracle Grow, to my surprise it grew and by Spring I then placed it in the yard and watched it grow even more so and begin to bloom as beautiful as I saw a year ago from a wild growing scrub.

I didn't however know the name and looked it up on Google as purple flowers and found it in purple flower images.   If the information on Google is correct then this is the name of it PHILIPPINE VIOLET   BARLERIA C

Pictures here are seen and taken pictures of from about September through October 22.  In Bermuda we had a windy rainy day the next day which most flowers blew off and probably will have to check today to see if more blooms come out.

Barleria cristata, the Philippine violet, bluebell barleria or crested Philippine violet, is a plant species in the family Acanthaceae. Wikipedia
Family: Acanthaceae
Species: B. cristata
Kingdom: Plantae
Genus: Barleria
Order: Lamiales


±+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++








Comments